This property specifies the location where cuboid blocks will be cached. If cached to disk, the blocks are always stored in compressed form.
Values and behavior:
- Off-heap: Cuboid blocks will be cached in off-heap memory only. Neither the block that is removed from off-heap will be cached to disk nor it will be read from the disk.
- Disk Backed Off-Heap: Cuboid blocks removed from off-heap memory will be cached to disk. Also, if any blocks are present on the disk, requests for these blocks will be served from the disk, if they are not found in the off-heap memory.
- Connection: If the property is set at the connection, it will be applicable for all the cubes.
- Cube: If the property is set on a cube, then the value will override the connection level value for that cube.
Comes into effect:
The value of the property can be changed at any time and will come into effect only if the kyvos.cuboid.replication.type is NOT set as LOCAL.
- kyvos.query.cuboidcache.strategy: If the strategy is set as NONE, no block will be cached to disk, and the disk-based cache will be cleaned either by the purge thread or at the next execution of the query.
- If the strategy is set as other than NONE, then blocks that are cached in the off-heap memory will be cached to disk at the time of eviction, according to the value defined for this property.
- kyvos.query.cuboidcache.compression: The behavior is similar to reading the blocks from DFS or the local disk of the query engine.
- kyvos.cuboid.replication.type: This property will come into effect only if the kyvos.cuboid.replication.type is NOT set as LOCAL.
Query engine properties
- QE_LOCAL_CACHE_LIMIT: This property will be used to limit the disk usage of disk-based cache
- QE_LOCAL_CACHE_PATH: This property specifies the location where blocks will be cached on disk i.e the location where the disk-based cache will be created