This property specifies the default numeric value for a NUMBER type column when the value is blank in the underlying data. When a value is set for this property, an empty value will not invalidate a row.
Values and behavior:
- Blank: Blank values in the NUMBER type column invalidates rows.
- Any integer: All the blank values for a NUMBER type column are replaced by the value specified here.
- Connection: If the property is set at the connection then the property value is applicable for all dataset build and cube build jobs.
- Cube: If the property is set on a cube, then the value will override the connection level value for that cube’s build job.
- Dataset: If the property is set on a dataset then the value will override cube level value for that cube’s dataset build job.
NOTE: If the property is set on a dataset and a dataset is built, then the value will override the connection level value for that dataset build job.
Comes into effect:
The value of the property can be changed at any time (not recommended) and comes into effect in the next build.
Dependencies and related properties:
In cases where different numeric subtypes are used (float, double, long), an integer (long) should be used as the default. Decimal numbers if applied, return an error or skipped row.