This property specifies where cuboid replication should take place. Local stores cuboids on the local disk of each query engine. NFS will replicate the cuboids in a shared location for all Query Engines and None will not replicate any cuboids.
Values and behavior:
- None: Cuboids will be pulled from HDFS and no replication will take place.
- Local: Cuboids are replicated on local disks on the Query Engine machine.
- NFS: Cuboids are replicated in the Networked File System.
- Connection: If the property is set at the connection, then the property value is applicable for all dataset build and cube build jobs.
- Cube: If the property is set on a cube, then the value will override the connection level value for that cube’s build job.
Comes into effect:
The value of the property can be changed at any time and will be respected on restart or during the periodic cleanup process.
In systems that have available space on a local disk, local replication is recommended. This prevents the need to pull from HDFS or NFS which saves disk transfer time.