Microsoft Excel has become one of the most popular data analysis tools due to its availability on most office machines. Kyvos can integrate with Excel for your reporting needs, using the MSAS connector.
To retrieve the Kyvos cube data in MS Excel, perform the following steps.
1. On your Excel worksheet, go to Data > Get External Data > From Other Sources>From Analysis Services.
2. On the displayed Data Connection Wizard, provide the connection information.
Data connection Wizard
- URL/Server:This is the server URL. Enter as http://<ServerName>:<port>/<kyvos>/xmlaKyvos
<ServerName> is the IP address or DSN name of your Kyvos server.
<Port> is the port number on which Kyvos listens.
<kyvos> is the web app name.
- User/Password:Use your Kyvos username and password for authentication.
In some cases, the connector won’t allow you to enter the user information. In such cases, try the URL as
Here, JohnSmith is the username, and Secret is the password.
3. Click Next.
4. Choose the cube from the drop-down list and select the Connect to a specific cube or table This loads a list of the available cubes.
Data Connection Wizard – Loading cubes
5. Select the cube that you want to browse and click Next.
6. On the Save Data Connection File and Finish screen, check information and click Finish.
Data Connection Wizard – Saving Information
7. From the Import Data dialog box, select how you want to view data in your workbook.
Import Data dialog box
8. Click OK.
The Kyvos semantic model is loaded in your worksheet. All your business logic is abstracted and presented in the form of measures and filters. You can now start browsing the cube. This example shows profit against parts.
Sample worksheet with Kyvos sematic layer