You can edit SQL code when creating register files or MDX expressions when creating calculated measures. As you enter text, suggested functions, cubes, dimensions, members, SQL statements, operators, and so on, are displayed. The available choices are appropriate for the type of code you are writing. The code editor works the same regardless of the type of code you are writing.
To use the code editor
- Start typing in the editor box.
- As you enter text, suggested functions, cubes, dimensions, members, SQL statements, operators, and so on, are displayed. Click a name then press Enter to use that item.
- Use the Undo and Redo icons as needed as you create your calculated expression.
- To find or replace content, click the Find/Replace icon, and enter what to find.
- Select Match Case icon (Aa) if needed.
- To replace the found value, click the arrow to the left of Find, enter the text to replace and specify whether to replace all.
- To delete the entry for that item, click the X at the end of the line.