A dashboard shows you a summary view of your data at the moment you are viewing it. When you view the dashboard after the source data has been updated the dashboard reflects those changes.
When you save a dashboard, you save the layout of the cards. You can shrink cards that contain no data, however, don't make design changes like adding cards, resizing cards, and so on, in the dashboard layout when some cards may be hidden due to currently having no data available.
To create a dashboard
- From the Toolbox, click Workbooks, then select a workbook.
- Click Add at the top of the workspace and choose Dashboard.
- Click the checkboxes next to the worksheets you want to use. Or choose Select All.
You can also click Search and type to quickly find a worksheet.
- Specify whether to show the legend, info box, title, or maximize option.
- Click the checkbox to make the background transparent.
- Use the slider or enter a value in pixels to set the inner margin for the cards.
- Under CSS selectors, you can use the default value or enter a custom ID and class.
- Click Add.
- Right-click the default dashboard name and choose Rename.
- Enter a new name then click Rename.
- Click Save.
You can drag the cards into the order you want them to display after the dashboard is created.
You can also drag the cards in the dashboard into a different arrangement or click the ( ⋮ ) Actions menu in the upper right corner of each card to choose additional options. If you can't drag the cards, click ... and choose Properties and change the layout to Flexible or Floating. When you choose floating, you can overlay a widget card over other ones.
To rearrange the elements on a dashboard
- From the Toolbox, select Workbooks, then select a workbook and dashboard.
- Drag to change the order of the cards in the dashboard.
- When you are using the floating layout, you can click the ( ⋮ ) Actions menu in the upper right corner of each card and choose Bring to front or Send to back.
- Click Save.
You can set properties that set behaviors for the entire dashboard.
To set dashboard properties
- After you create the card, click Options, then select Properties.
- Choose Fixed, Flexible, or Floating to specify the layout of the worksheets on the dashboard.
- Select a Theme from the list or None.
- Select a Background Color, if you want to use a custom color other than that loaded from the theme.
- Select a Color Palette for the dashboard charts.
- Select a Widget Loader style from any of the two options. The selected icon will be displayed while Kyvos fetched data from the server.
- Set the Margin, Widget Gap, and Widget Shadow values using the sliders or entering a value in pixels.
- Specify whether to shrink cards that have no data by clicking the Shrink widgets in case of no data checkbox.
- Click X at the top of the panel to close the Dashboard Properties pane.
To view descriptions of dimensions and measures
If you added descriptions to dimensions and measures while designing a cube, you can view those descriptions by hovering the cursor over the dimension or measure that you are using in a dashboard, or in a filter used in a dashboard.