Welcome to Kyvos.
Kyvos is a comprehensive online analytical processing (OLAP) solution specifically designed for Big Data and the cloud, delivering unprecedented scalability and eliminating the limitations of traditional solutions. Kyvos provides a solution that enables business users to get productive right away without the need for programming or Hadoop expertise.
You can access the cube data via the Kyvos client or use the cube data with external tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, or Excel.
This guide is designed for all users of Kyvos. Regardless of your job role, you should skim through the topics covered in this section. This guide helps you get started and introduces you to the features that work the same way throughout the product.
Use the navigation in the left pane of the browser to navigate in this the documentation set. You can select a guide and expand and collapse the different topic areas within that guide.
What you can do with Kyvos
Here are some of the key things you can do with Kyvos:
- Transform data and build cubes with no programming
- Build cubes on Hadoop and cloud platforms, no overhead of moving data
- Create fast, interactive queries on multi-dimensional data
- Browse graphically with interactive charts and dashboards
- Add data incrementally
- Keep data access secure
- Visualize from Kyvos and external applications including Tableau, Excel, Spotfire, Cognos, QlikView, Qlik Sense, MicroStrategy, SAP Business Objects, PowerBI and OBIEE
- Integrate Kyvos functionality with your own portal
- Save costs with elastic BI in the cloud
- Quickly scale up and down to deal with varying loads
- Scale for thousands of users without impacting performance
Kyvos uses roles to control access to product features. Depending on your role, you may not have access to all of the features shown in this guide.
Kyvos displays a warning message if your account doesn’t have appropriate security access to the underlying resources needed to perform certain tasks.
Depending on how Kyvos functionality is implemented by your organization, you may see a subset of Kyvos functionality embedded within your own company’s portal. Kyvos also provides a lot of flexibility in how you want to configure the panels in the various views. Your installation may look different than what is shown in the screenshots.
Topics in this section of the guide
- How to use this documentation set
- Kyvos workflow
- Common tasks
- System-wide options
- Common actions
- Configuring the Kyvos workspace
- Related entities